Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 5

Assignment #1:
I chose to follow NPR and USA Happy Ever After. I've found the NPR reviews to be very well-written, and incredibly detailed, which is really helpful since I'm not going to read every book. I feel like many of these would help me book talk with customers. I have also really enjoyed their book news wrap-ups, I end up learning something new with each article.

Assignment #2:
Earlyword is one of my favorite sources. When I first started in BCPL someone recommended that I check out Earlyword, and I've been using it ever since. I particularly find their lists of books being released the following week helpful. As well, I find the posts about books being made into movies very useful, so I can better anticipate what customers might want.

Assignment #3:
The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls by Anton DiSclafani will appeal to fans of literary fiction. Publishers Weekly notes that it is "gorgeously written." So fans of books with beautiful language will surely enjoy this upcoming novel. As well, the novel has a vivid setting in both place and time, with an intriguing mystery underlying the plot of the novel. This mystery creates a sense of suspense that pervades the novel. This title is expected to be popular based on its wonderful pre-publication reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment