Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week 4

I've been on Goodreads for almost two years now. I find that it not only helps me to keep track of what I'm reading or what I've checked out and don't get around to reading, but that it helps me keep track of what other people are reading, and find new books to read and recommend. I am friends with a number of BCPL librarians, as well as classmates from library school. I think it's really helpful to see what my friends who work in different library systems are reading. I don't tend to use the recommendations that Goodreads gives out, but I have found the lists helpful.


I recommended City of Women by David Gillham to Miky Segall. I think she'd really enjoy City of Women since she enjoys historical fiction. As well, many of the books that she has rated have vivid European settings, like City of Women. Finally, it has compelling characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment