Saturday, June 29, 2013

Week 9

Assignment #2:
Book trailers aren't something I typically watch. Before this assignment, I had watched a few, but typically that was after I had read the book. I don't typically think to watch the trailer beforehand. However, I have seen websites like Earlyword start posting more book trailers, so maybe my habits will change as more book trailers are posted on websites I visit frequently.

Like the Chicago Tribune article said, many of the book trailers I've seen aren't high quality enough to really capture readers' attention. However, I think if they were better done, they might become more important in readers' advisory. I think particularly for teens, they could be a powerful tool.

Assignment #3:
This program has been very helpful. I've learned about a number of resources that I hadn't used before. I'm especially grateful to have learned about Stacked Books, which is now one of my favorite websites for finding new teen books!

I also found it useful to interact with other BCPL librarians and see what their thoughts were on the various assignments. I think more programs like this in the future would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment